Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hi!

Well, this is my first foray into the blogosphere (hope that's the correct terminology!), so I hope I don't sound too awkward.


My name is Christy and I am a second semester grad student at Syracuse University in the Library and Information Science Program. I'm creating this blog as part of an assignment for my IST 611 Information Technologies in Educational Organizations class. I don't know exactly what I want to do when I get out of this program, but I do know that I want to be in an academic setting where I can keep learning about new things.


I was born in Hanover, New Hampshire, grew up in Bennington, Vermont and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, lived in Hull, Massachusetts for  a few years, and now I am living here in Syracuse. I got my undergrad degree in Spanish Language and Literature, with a minor in English Literature. I like reading, writing, watching old movies, skiing and shopping (probably a little too much!)


Well, I guess that's all the introduction I can do for now. My next post will be about something class-related and digital cameras.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Christy,

I love learning, too. I feel so alive when I'm in a learning environment.

Are you taking on-campus classes, too? If so, how did you decide to take this one as an online class (perhaps because of the course content)? I miss being on campus and physically being in classes and interacting that way, but this is the next best thing!

"See" you around,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy!
I started the program selecting school librarianship for all the wrong reasons. And, when they brought in speakers to represent/introduce different areas of librarianship, I was insecure about my choice. However, I found that the more I learned the more I fell in love with the ideaology and mission of school library media centers.

What's incredible is how many different venues there are to pursue. And, that it allows you to integrate your own interests.
I'm sure you'll find your niche and end up loving what you pick.
~Stacey

Jennifer said...

Hi Christy,
Congratulations on your first blog post. I look forward to reading more.
Jennifer

Christy said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! I'm not sure how to respond individually, so I am just posting this way. Please let me know if you know how to respond to an individual comment.

Brooke, I am taking 613 on-campus, and 611 and 668 online, because they're not offered on-campus this semester. My advisor said that most of the School Media courses are online and very few are on campus. It's an adjustment, but so far I think it's going well:)

-Christy:)

Brooke said...

Christy,

How's everything going? Haven't heard from you for a while. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you find on digital cameras.

Brooke